Do you use the desktop system and want to install YouTube on it?
As you know, Android OS comes with many Google apps including YouTube but it is not the case with windows.
But luckily there many ways to do it and we can open YouTube by a single click.
Keep reading this quick guide where I will teach you how to install YouTube on windows 10.
How to Install YouTube on Windows 10
Usually, we use a browser and type the address of YouTube to use this popular video platform.
But now we will install it on windows 10 and open it with one click.
I will teach you 2 ways to perform this task.
1) Via Microsoft Store
If you use windows 10 then, you will already know about the Microsoft Store that provides plenty of apps, games, and software.
Besides all this, you can install YouTube directly from the Microsoft Store.
You will need a Microsoft account to use the store. It takes less than a minute to create.
If you don’t have a Microsoft account and don’t want to create as well then, jump to the next method.
Follow the given procedure to install YouTube from the store:
- Open Microsoft Store in your windows.
- Search for YouTube in the search bar.
- If you don’t see YouTube then, select Available for All devices
- Now, install it.
- You have successfully installed YouTube.
Now, you can directly open YouTube from the Start menu and don’t need to open the browser.
If you face any issues, let me know in the comment and I will try to fix it as soon as possible.
2) Via Chrome Browser
In case, you don’t have a Microsoft account or the first method didn’t work for you then, you can follow this one.
It will definitely work and it’s the easiest method to install YouTube on windows 10.
You must have an updated chrome browser for this method. If you have a browser and want to update it or check whether it’s updated or not then, follow the given steps:
- Navigate to the chrome Settings
- On the left side, click on About Chrome
- Here, you can see whether your chrome is updated or not.
- If it is not updated then, update it first.
That was all about the chrome settings to update the browser. Now, we will see how to install YouTube.
Follow the given procedure:
- Go to youtube.com
- In the URL bar, you will see an additional option left to the bookmark.
- You will see this option only if you have updated chrome.
- Click on that icon and hit on Install.
- That’s it, YouTube app will appear to you.
You can see YouTube on your desktop. This is not an app but a chrome shortcut of YouTube but it is more optimized.
Now, you can directly open YouTube from your Desktop by double-clicking on YouTube.
You can pin it to the taskbar by right-clicking on it and select Pin to the taskbar to open it with only a single click.
Also Read: How To Set Default Page in Chrome?
Some features of this chrome shortcut are given below:
- There are no tabs i.e. distraction free
- URL of the YouTube video is removed
- You can still access chrome extensions
- Uninstall at any time you want
- You can open a video in a new YouTube window as well
Everyone wants a distraction-free environment where we can work easily. This YouTube app provides this facility.
This is particularly useful for those who often use YouTube like me. Now, YouTube is only one click away.
If you like this article and installed the YouTube app then, express your experience in the comment.
Also, share the love with others if you think it is a useful article. You can subscribe to the newsletter to get these kinds of useful articles whenever I release a new one.