Do you have a large size file and want to send it to your friend, family member, or maybe to anybody? Sending a large file like 50GB or even more than that is very difficult. As the games are becoming more advance, the size of the games is also increasing. The quality of videos is increasing (more HD) therefore, the size is also increasing. But there are different ways to split large files into smaller files pieces so that we can easily send it to anywhere.
For instance, file size is 60GB then, we can split it into smaller parts and each file will contain more than 700MB or even less than that. Windows ISO image files also contain a large size so, we can split them easily. More pixels in an image means more size it will have. So, I will show you some methods to split large files into smaller files.
To send a large file from different mediums like email is not possible since it has a size limit and we want to send the file in GB’s. So, by splitting files, you can easily do this as well. There are many benefits to splitting files. We can easily copy or move to another location in a very short interval of time. So, make sure to read the full, article in order to understand the full method.
Split Large File Into Smaller Files
Splitting a large file is not much difficult task however it may take some time depends on the size of the file. Here, we will use some softwares to split large file into smaller files. So, let’s take a quick look at the methods we are going to discuss to split a file:
In this first method, we will use WinRAR software to split a large size file into smaller ones. This is the most commonly used software to compress and extract files in the Windows operating system. It is tiny program but it contains amazing features. It has the ability to extract ISO image files as well.
You can easily make your USB bootable for any operating system by using WinRAR. If you want to know the whole procedure then, you can click on the link below to read the full article and you will be able to do that very easily.
Also Read: How to make Windows 10 Bootable USB Drive? Easy Ways
Now, follow the given procedure very carefully to split a large file:
1) Download and install Winrar software.
2) Right-Click on the file, you want to split and select Add to Archive.
3) A box will appear, look at Split to Volumes, size, and choose the size of each split file. I will select 100MB in my case.
4) Also, check the box Add recovery record and click on OK.
5) The processing will be started, it will take some time.
6) You can also set the password to .rar to protect that file from others but it is optional.
7) When the processing will be completed, files will be generated on the destination folder like below:
8) That’s it, you have done. This is the way you can split a large file into smaller files.
It is the simple method of splitting large size files into small pieces using WinRAR. Now, you can easily send these files anywhere.
How to Merge Split files?
Now, we will merge these split files into the original one using WinRAR. This is a very simple method, just follow the given steps to merge files:
1) Right-Click on the first split file and select Extract to.
2) Now choose the destination address and click on OK.
3) These split files will reconstruct into original files.
4) You have done it.
7-zip is similar to WinRAR and perform the same functions. Many users prefer 7-zip instead of WinRAR that’s why I will use software to split large file into smaller files. The procedure is almost similar as we discussed in the above method.
Follow the given instructions to perform this task:
1) Download and install 7-zip
2) Right-Click on the file you want to split and click on Add to Archive.
3) Write the name, destination address, and choose the split file size in Split to volumes, bytes section, and click on OK.
4) Again, you can set any password to that files to protect them.
5) The processing will start and it will take time depending on the file size.
6) After processing, your large file will split into smaller files.
How to Merge Split Files?
Now, we will reconstruct the split files into the original file using 7-zip. It is very similar to WinRAR to unsplit files. Follow the given procedure to merge files:
1) Right-Click on the first split file and click on Extract to
2) Now, it will begin to merge these split files
3) That’s it.
GSplit is one of the most popular file splitting free software. In this third method, we are going to cover this software to perform our goal. GSplit contains many amazing features. Some features are given below:
- Split any file of any size
- You can enter the number of pieces yourself
- Reconstruct your split files into the original one
- With GSplit, you can determine the pieces filenames
- It is freeware, no ads, and virus
There are some features of GSplit software. You can also secure your file from unauthorized users by using this tool. Now, we will discuss how to split large file into smaller files. Follow the given procedure:
1) Download and install GSplit
software. It’s free
2) Open GSplit and browse the file you want to split in File to split section.
3) After selecting original file, click on the destination folder from the left menu and browser the folder where you want to save split files.
4) Now, select File and Type from the left menu and select the size of each split file.
5) You can input any size here and GSplit will show you how many split files will be created.
6) Even, you can set the number of split files as well in Blocked Piece Properties
7) After doing all these settings, click on Split File from the left menu and click on Split.
8) It will start splitting a large file into smaller ones.
9) After splitting, these files will appear like below:
10) You have done it. Now, you can send files to anywhere.
How to Merge Split Files?
By using GSplit software, we will merge those split files into an original one. This is quite easy and a few steps far. Follow the steps:
1) Navigate to the folder where the split files are placed.
2) You will see an executable file there like below:
3) Just click on it and browse the directory where you want to save the original file and click on Unite.
4) That’s it, you reconstructed your original file.
Here I have discussed three methods to split your large file into smaller files very easily. You can choose any method in your case since all the methods are easy and best. But I will recommend GSplit since it is specially developed for this purpose and contains many more features than WinRAR and 7-zip like a custom name, number of pieces and custom file size, etc. These options are not available on WinRAR and 7-zip.
In this way, you can easily perform your task and spit large files. That is all for today. If you like this article then share it with your loved ones and also read my other articles to enhance your knowledge about tech.