Android smartphones come with the default app icon size. Some users like the default settings and many users do not. So, they make settings according to their taste. Many users like the default app icon size and some do not. That’s why I will reveal some ways on how to make app icons bigger on android.
Android OS provides a ton of customizations to enhance the user experience. Android also provides the app icon size adjustment setting but users are unable to find it. Some users have a vision problem so, they like big app icon size and I will show you how to make app icons bigger on android.
How To Make App Icons Bigger On Android
I will point out some methods to make app icons bigger on android devices. So, stay tuned and not miss any method otherwise you may miss some information regarding the android customization. So, let’s dive into the topic of how to make app icons bigger on android.
Also Read: 20 Best Android Apps Not in Play Store
1) Make App Icons Bigger – Android Settings
So, this is the first method and we are going to use android settings to play with the app icon size. Android provides many settings to customize the smartphone but we will just focus on increasing the icon size. Now, follow the instructions given below to know how to make app icons bigger on android:
- Go to Android Settings > Additional Settings > Accessibility
- In Accessibility, you will find the setting called Display size.
- Now, you can control the size of text and icons.
- After doing this, you will see that the app icon size has changed
This is how to make app icons bigger on android in simple steps. You can easily follow and change the android settings according to your taste. These settings will affect both icons and text. So, You can set up accordingly. This is the easiest method that how to make app icons bigger on android and if you didn’t like it, jump on the next method.
Note: Some Android smartphones may have different settings to change the icon size. You just have to find the Display in the settings. If you are unable to find then search in settings.
2) Make App Icons Bigger – Samsung Mobiles
Those who have a Samsung smartphone can easily make an app icon size bigger since Samsung provides this functionality to users. The above method of how to make app icons bigger on android is a general method for android devices but Samsung is one step ahead. You can change it in two ways and I will explain both the ways to make app icons bigger on Samsung Device.
This one is simple and you don’t have to explore the settings to change icon size whether we will use its home screen to perform our task. To make app icons bigger on android, just follow the given steps:
- On the Home Screen, long tap on an empty space
- Select Home Screen setting icon
- You will see the home screen grid and app screen grid
- You can select accordingly
- It will display the grids and you can choose whatever you like
So, this is the first method of how to make app icons bigger on android, especially on Samsung. If it doesn’t work for you try the 2nd method which will surely work for you.
In this second method, we will perform this task using the settings. This setting is for Samsung smartphones. So, let’s discuss the method to change the app icon size:
- Go to Settings > Display > Home Screen
- Here, you will see both the home screen grid and app screen grids option.
- Again you can change them one by one.
- Select the appropriate grid and see the changes.
- That’s all.
So, this is the second method of how to make app icons bigger on an android smartphone. You can select any grid according to your smartphone. The available grids are 4×4, 4×5, 5×5, and 5×6. You can change it at any time and play with the app icon size.
3) Make App Icons Bigger – Third-Party App
In the above two methods, we used android settings to solve the problem. But now we will install the app and perform our task of how to make app icons bigger on android smartphones. If your smartphone does not have the built-in app icon change settings then you can follow this method. To make app icons bigger, follow the given instructions:
- Go to Play Store and install the app called Gigantic – big icons
- Open the app and read the instructions on the app.
- Now, touch and hold an empty space on the home screen and choose widgets
- Select the Giganticon in the widgets.
- Select the app, you want to make big.
- The app will display on the home screen with adjustable size.
- You can change the size according to your taste.
It is another method to change the icon size by using a third-party app. There are many other apps that perform the same function. You can try them out and choose the best one. I like this app that’s why I selected this one to guide you on how to make app icons bigger on an android.
Also Read: 10 Unique Features of Android Smartphone
Now, you can easily change the app icon size on an android smartphone. If you face any problem, leave a comment below and I will solve your query. I have taught you only three methods to change the icon size, there are many more methods to perform this task. If you know more methods then, write in the comment section and help others. If you like this post then share it and encourage me to write more helpful content like this.