Facebook is one of the most commonly used social media networks. We can easily send and receive messages on Messenger, a messaging platform developed by Facebook.
Messenger provides us a facility to archive messages instead of deleting them. Usually, archiving chat hides the ID of that person and users don’t know how to unarchive it.
It is very simple to unhide it. I will guide you on how to retrieve archived messages on the Facebook messenger app.
How to Archive Chat on Messenger App?
If you don’t want to delete the chat of any particular person then, you can archive it. That messages will disappear from your inbox.
Follow the given procedure to archive messages:
- Long tap on any chat you want to archive.
- Choose Archive from the appeared menu.
- That’s it.
Now, you have successfully archived the chat. It will hide from your messenger inbox. Jump to the next section to unarchive it.
How to Retrieve Archived Messages On Facebook Messenger App
After archiving the chat, you may want to unarchive it in the future. I will discuss some ways to perform this task.
1) Unarchive Using Messenger app
There is only one way to unarchive the specific chat on the messenger app which by searching the name of that person and sending him any message. Then, it will appear in your inbox.
Strictly speaking, there is no other way to see the archive chat list on the Messenger app but there are some tactics to unarchive it on android smartphones.
Sending a message to a person will automatically unarchive that user and his messages will again appear in your inbox.
If you know the name of the person, you want to unarchive then, follow the given method:
- Open the Messenger app.
- Search the name of that person in the search field.
- Click on that user you just found and send him any message.
- He will appear in your inbox.
- That’s all, you have unarchived.
This method will work only if you know the name (Facebook ID) of that user. In case, if you don’t know the name of that user then, it is not possible to unarchive it on the Messenger app but can still fix this issue. Move to the next solution.
2) Using Chrome (Android)
This method is very useful if you don’t know the Facebook ID of the archived user. You can follow the same procedure on desktop chrome as well.
The entire procedure is given below:
- Open Chrome browser on your android device.
- Click on three dots > Desktop site
- Now, go to messenger.com, make sure it should open in desktop mode.
- Login with the same ID.
- Now zoom in, and click on three dots > Archived Chats
- It will show all the chats you have archived till now.
- Click on your desired user and send him any message.
- That’s it, successfully unarchived.
You have successfully unarchived messages. Now, you can open the Messenger app and check whether or not the user is appearing in your inbox.
This is a quick guide on how to retrieve archived messages on the Facebook messenger app and I hope you also have successfully done this task.
If you are facing any issue in any step, comment below and I will try to reply as soon as possible.
If you found this article helpful then, share it with others and also subscribe to the newsletter to get updates regarding this tech blog.