YouTube is the No. 1 video search engine on the web. Thousands of videos are uploaded every single day. We use YouTube for education, learning, cooking purposes, etc.
YouTube saves our history whenever we watch any video. So, how to delete YouTube history without an account? Well, we can do so with few clicks.
Stick with this article, and I will teach you how you can clear the YouTube history without a Gmail account i.e. without sign-in.
Is It Possible to Delete YouTube History Without Account?
In one sentence, it is possible on the desktop but not on the mobile app. On the YouTube app, you need to log in to your Google account in order to clear the history because history is saved in your Gmail Account.
On desktop computers, it is very simple to clear YouTube history because we browse it on a browser, not on a YouTube software that doesn’t exist. Simply, clear all browser history and you are done.
I will guide step by step to clear it. On the mobile app, I will show you the procedure to delete YouTube history with an account. Moreover, I will guide you on how to pause YouTube to save your video history.
How to Delete YouTube History Without an Account?
If you want to erase the YouTube watch as well as search history then, read the below methods carefully.
1) On Desktop (Without Account)
To clear YouTube watch and search history on PC, we just need to clear the browser history. It will erase all the browser history including download, YouTube (both watch and search history), cache, cookies, etc.
Your video watch history is stored in your browser even if you are not signed in to your Gmail Account.
The entire procedure is explained below to delete YouTube history without an account:
- Open Google Chrome browser.
Note: You have to open the browser where you use YouTube. Most users use Chrome so, I will continue with Chrome.
- At the top-right corner, click on three dots > More tools > Clear browsing data.
- Alternately, press CTRL + Shift + Del to directly open it.
- Now, Go to the Advanced tab, and choose All time.
- Select Browser history, Download history, cache, and cookies, and then click on Clear data.
- Your YouTube, and browser history are cleared.
This is how to delete youtube history without an account on the desktop. Now, no one can view your watch, and search history.
Also Read: How to Install YouTube on Windows 10?
2) On Desktop (With Account)
If you have logged in to your Gmail account then, I will guide you on how can you delete the watch and search history. This method is straightforward and a few clicks are required.
Follow the given procedure:
- Go to YouTube
- Click on three lines > History on the left sidebar.
- Hit on Clear All Watch History on the right sidebar.
- Click on Clear Watch History
- That’s it.
You have successfully cleared the watch history of YouTube. You can delete the individual videos as well by click on the cross (✕) symbol next to that video.
That’s how you can erase the YouTube history in few clicks.
2) On Mobile (With Account)
As I said earlier, there is no method to clear the history YouTube app history without an account. But I will show you to erase history once you have signed in to your Gmail account.
Follow the given procedure to erase YouTube app history:
- Open the YouTube app, and Tap on your profile photo.
- Go to Settings > History & Privacy
- Here, you will see the option to clear Watch and Search History as below:
- Tap on Clear Watch History, and the history will be cleared.
- Repeat the same procedure for Search History as well.
- You are done.
This is the method on smartphones to erase the YouTube search and watch history easily. No one can trace your YouTube history in any way. Now, you are able to do it yourself in the future.
3) Pause YouTube History
If you don’t want YouTube to store your watch and search data then, we have the authority to disable this feature as well. Many users prefer to turn this feature off since they don’t want to save their data.
We can turn off history tracking so that no one can see the video history. This is a good option for those who take privacy very seriously.
Follow the given procedure to pause YouTube history on desktop:
- Open YouTube, and go to History
- Click on Pause Watch History on the right sidebar.
- Click on Pause when prompted.
- It’s done
On Mobile App
The entire procedure is given below:
- Open the YouTube app, and go to Settings
- Navigate to the History & Privacy
- Here, you will find the Pause Watch and Seach History option.
- Simply enable these options.
- You are all done.
Also Read: How To Change The Default Google Account?
Privacy plays a vital role on the web. We should delete the YouTube history regularly to ensure safety since nobody wants to share personal data.
This is how to delete YouTube history without an account and with an account. You can totally pause the history, it’s upto you.
I hope you found this article helpful. If so, then give your fingers a move to share this article with others.
You can subscribe to the newsletter to receive the latest updates first. Also, read the other useful articles to enhance your web knowledge.